Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
Gastric bypass surgery is performed primarily for the weight loss. Laparoscopic gastric bypass adds health benefits to the traditional gastric bypass surgery. After this laparoscopic surgery is performed, almost all of the vital organs and vital areas in the human body and human physiology finds dramatic improvements in terms of health. The other health conditions that would be improved are migraines, depression, asthma, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, metabolic syndrome, type II diabetes mellitus, venous stasis disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome, gout, degenerative joint diseases, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, obstructive sleep apnea, stress urinary incontinence, gout and many more. The overall quality of life will be enhanced to a greater extent and the mortality rate also will be decreased to a great extent.
Need of surgery
Gastric bypass surgery is performed to gain the weight loss, through decreasing the size of the stomach and shortening of the digestive system. the surgery is considered to be a final alternative chosen to combat the severe problems because of weight gain.
- Surgery Procedure
The laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery is performed by inserting a laparoscopic tube, after making small incision in the stomach. Initially the stomach is seen as small upper pouch and the remaining pouch, which is a larger pouch. The small intestines are arranged in such a way that it is allowed to connect both of these pouches, accordingly.
- Post Surgery
After the surgical procedure is performed, the size of the stomach will be decreased to a greater extent.
- Since the size of the stomach is decreased to a better extent, the amount of food taken by the patient will be reduced. It is because the stomach can accept only a small amount of food. Some of the food taken by the patient will be bypassed through a small section of the small intestine. The result will be lesser absorption of the calories by the body. It eventually controls the weight of the body, without increasing the weight.
- The results of the weight loss and controlled body weight would be faster.
- The results are long lasting.
- The results can be dragged lifelong, when the sustained and balanced lifestyle makeover is accompanied.
- Major benefit apart from the weight loss from this surgery is that the other health problems that are usually caused from the increased body weight can be encountered very easily. So, chronic medical problems like hypertension, diabetes, coronary diseases can be controlled to a greater extent.
- When the gastric bypass surgery is performed through laparoscopy, only minimal incision is enough. Smaller incision would be enough to insert the surgical instruments needed for the surgery. So, the complications of the normal surgery can be eliminated, so the recovery will be sooner and the complications will be minimized. Pain during the surgery will be less. Patients are left with very small scar after the surgery.
- When this surgery is done with laparoscopy, the risk of hernias development will be reduced, which are quite common with the traditional surgeries done with the abdomen.
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery is a reversible procedure.
Though there are many benefits, the patient and the family have to consider all the benefits and risks with this surgery and should take the decision accordingly. This surgery is usually considered as a final alternative to the severe obesity problems.
The above Package Cost is a tentative Approximate Package Estimate, which includes initial investigations & specialists screening, stay in a Private Room wherein patient’s assistant or relative can also stay with patient, doctor / surgeon fee, nursing care, medicines & consumables, Airport Pick-Up & Drop.
In order to access estimate of treatment package cost, do email us at firstname.lastname@example.org all your medical reports.
On receiving your medical reports, we will revert to you within 24 Hours with right estimate package after getting your medical reports examined by best team of doctors at best hospitals in India. We will also assist you in traveling part, which includes, airfare booking, medical visa invitation, airport pick-up and drop, hotel stay & visit for any sightseeing. With our 10 years of expertise in delivering highly caring International Patients Assistance Services, you can completely rely on us in every step of your recovery. Our all International Patient Assistance Services are absolutely FREE!!! as Globalcare Health is an official associate of India’s Best Hospitals & Specialists.